Thursday, June 17, 2010

banana muffins with mascarpone cream cheese frosting




This is a recipe that my mom got from Ronalee, a friend that she works with who also makes super yummy stuff! The frosting is soooooo yummy!


Banana muffins with mascarpone cream cheese frosting

Muffins:
3 cups flour
1 TBsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I double it because I like lots of cinnamon)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
(I also added a tiny bit of cardamom because I love that stuff, but that's just me.)
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 TBsp vanilla
4 ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a bowl. In another bowl, beat sugar, eggs, oil, bananas and vanilla.
Slowly combine both together.
Line 18 muffin cups or grease and flour pans.
Bake on middle rack until tops are golden brown. About 25 mins.
After cool frost and then sprinkle with nuts.

Frosting:
3 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese (softened)
3 TBsp honey (I added a little more)

1/2 cup toasted nuts (Toast them. Just do it. They are so much better that way!)

Oh nuts! I am nuts about nuts!
I combined mine with melted butter and a little brown sugar and cinnamon.
Then toasted them in the oven for about 15-20 mins.
I would recommend toasting more than 1/2 cup because if you're like me, you'll taste them and then kinda just keep eating them. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment